Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Zoo and the Puppies

Last Saturday we decided to take Tyler to the Zoo before the baby's born and I was "too pregnant." (Walking around the zoo at 36 weeks actually proved more difficult than I thought on a hot day with swollen feet and hands). Some of Andy's family was able to join us and on the way up we stopped at my sister-in-law's parents house to see the new batch of puppies her parent's dogs had just had. I had a feeling my "cautious" son would not take well to holding or touching the puppies. . .
Tyler politely saying "no" each time I tried to encourage him to hold one. He's hard to convince once he's made up his mind about something. We're not sure where he gets his cautious nature from....Andy's convinced its my side of the family.

Even once we'd arrived at the zoo Tyler was very serious about being around the animals. I think he was afraid we might enter the pen and make him pet the animals there too. Maybe in a few years he'll warm up to them.

No comments: