The chaos of having an infant and a two year old is starting to wear on me at the end of the day. Its tiring - mentally and physically. Initially when we moved into this house and needed to take care of a lawn for the first time in the marriage I told Andy - I take care of enough things on the inside of the house - the lawn can be your job. A few Saturdays ago Andy was pretty tired after a 50 mile bike ride and the lawn was looking pretty long. Sheepishly he asked if I wanted to mow it. I was tired from a long morning alone with the boys but started imagining what 45 minutes outside on a nice day, getting exercise and being alone with my thoughts would be like. I said if he'd watch the boys we had a deal. (He thought he had the easy job).Again last Monday I was tired from a long day and the lawn needed to be mowed. It was close to bedtime and I told Andy if he did the dishes, gave Tyler a bath and put everyone to bed I'd mow. It was getting dark after I'd finished the front lawn and I contemplated finishing the back the next night - I took a peak inside to see how Andy was holding up - I saw dirty dishes still sitting on the table and Tyler still playing in the living room - Not time to come in yet. As I was almost finished with the back lawn I thought I'd take another look inside - I see Tyler running naked through the living room - I started to wonder if the neighbors lawn needed mowing too. By 9:00 I came inside to a quiet house, took a shower and relaxed. Its funny the little things you begin to appreciate as a mother when life gets really crazy.
3 comments:
I am glad that you were able to find an "out" from the everyday grind of being a mother of two young children. You always need to find time to think, re-energize, and refocus and what better way then that cause you get exercise too! As I dont know yet what you are having to go through I can only imagine and pray that you will continue to find strength to handle your wonderful job of being a mother. :)
I am laughing out loud! This is the best!! I would LOVE to mow the lawn too. I can just picture you peaking in, seeing the chaos, and walking right back to the mower with a little grin on your face!
Lawn mowing is the best! That hum just blocks all the crazy kids stuff right out! I agree, I'd much rather trade Matt the lawn for the kids, any day...
Post a Comment