Saturday, March 27, 2010

Moving...Again

Tomorrow morning we will be moving for the 5th time in almost 6 years of marriage. For the third time in six years our belongings will be going into storage while we move into Andy's parents house while they're on their mission in Belgium. Don't miss understand - I am extremely grateful for this chance to save a lot of money which will mean buying a house once we move out in a year and finally being able to lay down some roots somewhere - I just hate moving. After the 5th time, Andy and I have worked out our system. I stress for weeks before about all of the packing I'm going to have to do, start a week in advance and chip away at it until the morning the moving truck arrives. Andy sorts through and packs his belongings at 9:00 the night before. Day of the move - Andy is in charge of getting our stuff where it needs to go and I begin the cleaning process. Its become a science for us.
Sadly this is the first moves that I think Tyler really gets and has shown some emotion about. On Thursday night I had taken down all of the pictures from the wall and piled up some of our decorations in the family room to put in a box. The house didn't look like a home anymore and we were all starting to feel sad. I put Tyler to bed and when I walked back into the family room all of the picture frames and decorations had been put back where they were before. I think Tyler was trying to tell us he doesn't like moving either. He keeps checking with me to make sure all of his stuff is coming to Grandma's too (i.e. his bed, toys, books, even his toothbrush).
Bryce on the other hand is quite oblivious to it all. However, he did think it was a good week to come down with a cold and sprout 2 new teeth. Lucky mom.
We won't be far away, only in Provo. But I'll still miss Spanish Fork. I was pumping gas at a gas station on Main St. last week and had a Ford F350 on either side of me and two men with cowboy hats, boots, and handle bar mustaches walked out of the gas station. You don't see that everyday in Provo.

We're focusing on the future right now and excited for our next adventure.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Julia, you are crazy and amazing for making it all those moves! I'm excited for you guys to start saving all that money for a house, yippee!
Sydney got a tooth this week too. Fun.

Wilde Family said...

Oh, man, that's a lot of moves! I don't envy you that. Good luck getting settled! (And as much as we love Denver, we miss Spanish Fork too!)