Saturday, April 24, 2010
Anyone seen the Benadryl?
Bryce woke up this morning with hives all over his body. He was surprisingly happy and energetic and had no other symptoms. After not seeing any improvement even after a good dosage of benadryl I took him over to Urgent Care and discovered that it is possible to have an allergic reaction to amoxicillin (medicine we gave him for his ear infection) a week after starting it. Luckily he seems to feel better than he looks, although I think his face itches him a lot. The doctor said the hives may last a few days but will go away on their own now that we've stopped the amoxicillin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh poor baby!!!! I hope you can figure out what he reacted too!
I am so glad Bryce is better now. That looked really bad! I'm glad kids immune systems seem to work really well!
Post a Comment