Friday, May 21, 2010

What we've been up to lately

The boys and I have really enjoyed being outside in the nice weather these past few weeks. Its been so nice to be at my in-laws house with a nice yard and places for the kids to play. I've been so excited to plant a big garden this summer for the first time since Tyler was a baby. I hope to have better success then I have in past years. Since the kids play so well outside I think I'll have more time to dedicate to it. I need to add a picture of the finished product but here's the boys "helping" me plant everything last Saturday. Bryce has eaten more than his fair share of grass and dirt and Tyler loves to inspect everything in the dirt with his magnifying glass.
They also love riding their bikes on the patio. Just this morning Bryce learned to ride his backwards. In usual fashion - Bryce does everything in reverse first. Andy thinks his theme song should be Coldplay's "Fix You" Stuck in Reverse...

I've also been running again! I've been trying to get out at least 3 times a week and have kept it up for a month now. I bought this great double jogger on KSL this week and I love it. Its so much easier to use than our old one. I'm hoping to run a half marathon at the end of the summer. It'll have been 6 years since my last one! Tyler and Bryce are good training buddies. Tyler likes to bring along the stop watch and tell me how fast I need to run or how much time I have left. This morning as I started he said "ok, 20 hours Mom Go!" When I was done with my 3 mile run I asked how long it had taken me and he said "3 hours." I gotta work on my speed.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: