I realize its been over 2 months since I've done a blog post. I looked back and I don't think we even took that many pictures in the mean time. I don't even have pics of the boys in their Halloween costumes! Between my last blog post and Christmas we did: celebrate Halloween (Tyler was Batman and Bryce finally agreed to wear a dinosaur costume after we threatened that he wouldn't get any candy if he didn't wear a costume), Paula, (Andy's mom) came to visit for a week, we drove down to North Carolina to visit my sister in law Heather and her family and my brother in law Brad and his wife Emily. A few weeks later Brad and Emily came to visit us for Thanksgiving with their new 2 weeks old baby Thomas. And then the chaos of Christmas, finally starting a business, and getting ready for a baby began. That pretty much sums up our life until Christmas!
We had a nice Christmas at home with frequent visits from my parents. Here are the boys on Christmas Eve. With all of the excitement of the day and no nap, Bryce fell asleep promptly at 7:00 without even eating any dinner. He awoke momentarily when I put on his jammies to pose for this picture. As you can tell - he's basically sleeping with his eyes open.Christmas morning, the boys were very excited that Santa had come. Tyler hurried from one thing to the next eager to open all of his presents, while Bryce was perfectly happy once he saw the first piece of chocolate in his stocking and actually didn't open all of his presents until late in the day on Monday.
Their favorite toy from Santa was this 4 lane hot wheels race track. They also got a whole pack of hot wheels cars to race on it.
Tyler also got Cars 2 and watched it more times than I care to know during his Christmas break.
Bryce got his first pack of big guy underwear! No more diapers here we come!
They also loved this Fisher Price castle (a great Goodwill find that has provided endless hours of play time). The best Christmas present to me is that the boys have started to play together really well! Of course they still have the occasional fights but they will play together for a long time and really engage in imaginary games and conversation together. It makes me really happy to see them be so close and its allowed me more uninterrupted time to conquer everything on my to do list these days. Merry Christmas to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment