Monday, March 24, 2008

1st Birthday

Tyler's first birthday was March 6th, 2008. (I'm a little slow on the updates). He got to wear this great hat and bib for every meal on his birthday. He had a little banner that went around his tray too but we had to take it off when he started pulling off the flags and eating them.

We had a quiet birthday at home with just Mom and Dad and then my parents on the web cam. Tyler loved smashing his cake and loved his new presents with lots of lights and sounds. We had a birthday party with Andy's family later in the month where he got some great outdoor toys for this summer and some bath toys.
I made his birthday cake. Writing out "Happy Birthday Tyler" was a little too complex for me with the icing pen. So we just stuck to the big number 1.
My mom bought Tyler this hat and sunglasses combo for his birthday. He loves the glasses. Anytime Andy and I are wearing our sunglasses in the car he wants to have his on too. I think he knows he's hot stuff with them on.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting these so we can see them. Did you get any pics of him smashing the cake? I'd love to see those.

Hope he enjoys the sidewalk chalk and Batman ball Michael picked out for him.

Love the pic of his sunglasses!

carin t said...

I love it! He looks so cute in his glasses. I can't believe he can already touch the door knob! You are in trouble when he learns to walk! Thanks for updating - I love to read about you guys.