Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our Growing Boy


I decided after talking to my sister-in-law Richelle on Sunday that I’d wait awhile before leaving Tyler in nursery. She said that he probably will mature a lot by the time he’s 18 months and will be better able to handle the “structure” of nursery. So I kept him with me during church this past Sunday which is still difficult but I’ll deal with it a little while longer. Tyler and Kye have pretty different personalities. Kye is a little more laid back and likes to follow Tyler around. Tyler thinks this is great and will turn around and giggle when he sees Kye following him. Kye likes to give things to people which works well because Tyler likes to take things from people. Tyler always says Dank Doo when he takes it. At least he’s polite about it. Kye doesn’t really feel the need to get into every electronic device, trash bin, toilet bowl, cabinet, and clothes drawer like Tyler does. Kye’s a little easier to manage. He’s also a little younger so we’ll see what he’s like in a few months once Tyler’s deviant influence has rubbed off on him.

Sometimes when Kye gets too close to Tyler Tyler’ll give him a little shove. I’m not sure where this habit started but I’m trying to end it quickly. I tell Tyler “No, we don’t shove Kye.” And tell him to tell Kye sorry. He’ll say “sa ee” and do a kiss in the air. Of course there isn’t an ounce of remorse behind the apology but you can’t expect much more from a 16 month old. Tyler has decided that he’s even grown up enough to start calling Andy “Annie (his version of Andy). This habit was created only over the past few days. We always correct him and say Dad. I think he picked this up from me calling him Andy, especially on the phone. He talks on his cell phone now and says “Annie” over and over again.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Looks like you are adjusting well. I love to hear what you have to say about different cultures. Sal tells me a lot about Mexico and its fun to hear about how different things are. I can't believe how big Tyler is! He is so cute and that is so funny that he calls Andy annie. Isaak calls sal, sal all the time probably more than dad we tried to correct him but it hasn't seemed to help its pretty cute though! Look forward to hearing more about your experiences!

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

Wow! Tyler looks so big! It sounds like you've been having a lot of adventures! I'm impressed with how well you seem to be getting around, and with a baby too! Keep us posted, we love to hear all you're up too!