For our last playgroup before I left Samoa I really wanted to make Gingerbread houses. My friends Apu and Pura had never made them so I wanted to introduce them to it. Suzie and I searched the whole island for Graham crackers and couldn't find any. We tried all of our favorite "American goods" stores and no one had them. This morning Suzie came up with a great idea. We'll use Masi Popo. Its a biscuit like cracker they make here out of coconut, flour, sugar, and water. They worked great for our houses. The icing was melting in the heat but most of them lasted until we could at least get a picture. It became more of an adult project than a kids one. The kids had fun eating all the candy though. I was glad I could introduce my Samoan friends to one of our "Palagi" traditions.

Busy working away


4 comments:
Those look just like Kelia and Ryann's gingerbread houses! Very industrious of you guys to find a way to do it!
Looks like fun! Way to be creative and bring the festivities to the islands. Good luck on your move back! Any chance of coming back to Cambridge Ward?
i am so excited for you guys on baby # 2~!!!! we are only 5 days apart ( i am due june 25) we will be in utah county around jan 2-3 and would LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! to see you guys!!! plus we want to hear the move details! what is the best email address for you guys. greg isn't sure if he has a current one for andy. gregs is sorensiano80@yahoo.com. love to hear from ya and we can swap stories!9greg has good ones from his job) also i may know of a job opening in idaho?
ok we are really hoping that you will see this soon seeing how it is the only way to contacct you guys!!! we would love to hear from you so here is greg's # have andy give him a call! so much to talk about! 360-8163
Post a Comment