Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Trying to catch the Christmas Spirit

I have to say with 90 degree weather and 90% humidity everyday. Its been tough for me to feel like its Christmas time. I play Christmas songs on our Zune all day and have tried making some of my favorite Christmas treats, but its still a little tough. I need hot cocoa, cold weather and lots of Christmas lights (with electricity being so expensive here, you don't see many Christmas lights). A few weeks ago for Family Night we decided to crank the AC, make a version of hot cocoa and decorate our 1.5 ft. Christmas tree. I only bought 6 ornaments for it and Tyler took them off the tree as fast as I could put them on. He'd take off an ornament, yell "Ball!" and chuck it across the room. The tree has been moved out of Tyler's reach ever since. Only 6 more days til we're back in snowy Utah sitting around a big Christmas tree with all our family!

Funny Tyler moment: Tyler was carrying around our fly swatter today swinging at imaginary bugs and kept repeating the words "erry crifmas!" It took me a while to look over at him and realize he was holding the fly swatter high above his head, swining it down on a bug and yelling "Merry Christmas!" over and over again. I don't think it was very merry for that bug.

1 comment:

carin t said...

Very cute! Can't wait to hear Tyler talk in person!