Saturday, January 17, 2009

Whats Going on Now

We had a great Christmas at Andy's parents house in Provo. Andy's sister was visiting from North Carolina with her kids too and there was always family stopping by. I felt like it was a nonstop party for 2 weeks. Andy's brother was married 2 days after Christmas in Salt Lake. They had two receptions on separate weekends. It was fun to have so many occasions for family to get together and see everyone. I feel like our time there went by too quickly though and before we knew it we were on our way to Maryland. I flew out the day before Andy so I could spend more time with my sister who I hadn't seen in a year and a half before she went back to California. I flew by myself with Tyler but was lucky to be on the same Southwest flight as some family friends who were life savers in helping me the whole way with Tyler.

We've been in Maryland for almost two weeks now. We've wanted to find work on the east coast and are focusing our search here. Its discouraging knowing how many people are looking for work right now, but in a lot of ways I feel that Andy and I are being looked out for. We're in a much better situation than some - we have nothing to lose right now! I'd rather be in our own place sooner rather than later, but for now, we're doing alright. We've looked into the VA (Veteran's Affairs) lately and hear a lot of good things. There's supposed to be a lot more jobs there in the next 6 months so we'll see whats happens. We're going to just start sending out resumes to all of the locations this weekend. If anyone knows of any possibilities for jobs in Social Work, we're all ears!

Here's a picture of my handsome boys at Brad's wedding reception:

1 comment:

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

Tyler looks adorable in his little suit! He's getting SO grown up! Yea for the east coast! Good luck with the job hunt. Keep us posted. We miss you guys!