Monday, June 22, 2009

Bryce Richard Ferguson

Finally, a moment to sit down and do a blog entry. He's finally here! Bryce was born on June 15th at 4:27 p.m. at the Utah Valley Hospital. He weighed 6 lbs 14 oz. and was 18 inches long. Everything couldn't have gone more smoothly this time around. I was induced early Monday morning and was only in labor for about 6 or 7 hours this time! I'm really a fan of the induction plus epidural birthing plan. I like to know when everything's going to happen and be more in control. The hardest part of labor for me was when the nurse initially put in the IV for the pitocin. She did a terrible job and there was blood everywhere. I've never really been one to get quesy but it did not sit well with me. I started to get anxious about everything after that, but getting the epidural wasn't even as painful as the IV. Since I was only in labor for 6 hours I had more engery and felt more withit throughout the whole process. Even my recovery has been 10 times better. I guess it helps to have a smaller baby.


We still can't believe how tiny Bryce is compared to Tyler when he was born. He has the sweetest disposition though. He only cries when he's hungry or getting a diaper change and is a pretty mellow kid already. He sleeps right through Tyler's yelling and loud trucks and toys. Tyler is a good older brother though and will ask to "soft" Bryce which means petting the top of his head gently. Andy forgot the diaper bag with all of Bryce's stuff the morning we left the hospital so we had to make Tyler "share" his favorite blanket with Bryce for the ride home. Tyler responded by telling Bryce he was in "Time Out." He seems to be okay with Bryce being at our house so far because Nana is here to give Tyler lots of attention too. We'll see once my mother leaves how the three of us will do sharing attention when Andy's at work. So far I would say the transition from one child to two is pretty easy when one of them sleeps all the time. I know this will change soon though and my life will become more crazy, but so far I'm enjoying my two boys.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

the sorensons said...

i had to laugh reading this entry! i think we had very similar experiences! my iv was HORRIBLE! the bruise is starting to go away today and it has been 2 weeks! have the delivery schedule is very nice! my recovery has also been 10 x better! and even our babies temprament sound the same! sleep through 2 yr old play and only cries when hungry and diapers! well i am glad to hear things are going well and we really need to all get together!

carin t said...

They do look alike! I can't wait to come see your new addition. We will be down over the 4th, so I'll make sure and get a drive in to SF. Congrats again.