Tyler successfully peed in his potty for the first time last night and repeated the success again this morning! Tyler has showed some signs of being ready for potty training lately but with a new baby I didn't feel I was ready. He asks to sit on his potty a couple times a week but has never successfully gone. Last night he was showing some signs that he had to go so I thought I'd try again. The trick was this time I got tired of waiting in the bathroom with him so I left to do some other things. I asked Andy to go in and get him a few minutes later and when Tyler stood up from the potty he had peed! We all screamed and yelled and ran around the house. Tyler got to call his grandparents and tell them too. I decided I better be committed to this potty training stuff myself now. So we tried again this morning and I left the room again so he wouldn't get stage fright and a few minutes later I hear "I did it!" - another successful attempt. I don't think we're ready for no training pants yet and I'm not holding my breath for him to be accident free any time soon. But I guess we're on the road to one less kid in diapers.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
He Did It!
Tyler successfully peed in his potty for the first time last night and repeated the success again this morning! Tyler has showed some signs of being ready for potty training lately but with a new baby I didn't feel I was ready. He asks to sit on his potty a couple times a week but has never successfully gone. Last night he was showing some signs that he had to go so I thought I'd try again. The trick was this time I got tired of waiting in the bathroom with him so I left to do some other things. I asked Andy to go in and get him a few minutes later and when Tyler stood up from the potty he had peed! We all screamed and yelled and ran around the house. Tyler got to call his grandparents and tell them too. I decided I better be committed to this potty training stuff myself now. So we tried again this morning and I left the room again so he wouldn't get stage fright and a few minutes later I hear "I did it!" - another successful attempt. I don't think we're ready for no training pants yet and I'm not holding my breath for him to be accident free any time soon. But I guess we're on the road to one less kid in diapers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What exciting news!!! I know the potty training can be such a big hump to get over! I pray that things continue to go well!
Looks like you had a great time back to see your folks! Sure is pretty there! Glad to see you are doing well with your sweet little family!
I finally had a minute to read through all your posts since Bryce's birth. Man, I have missed out! Tyler looks old - is his hair getting darker? And little Bryce will be 2 months by the time I see him! I'm glad your transition is going well. Sorry I haven't called. My transition. . . interesting. 3 is , um, fun.
Post a Comment