Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Family Campout

A few weekends ago Andy and I went for a drive up Diamond Fork Canyon near our house. We talked about wanting to do outdoor stuff with our kids as they got older. I told him I wanted to be a camping family. We decided we'd start them young and planned a family camp out for a few weeks later. Almost all of Andy's family came and stayed the night up Diamond Fork Canyon. Other than Tyler waking up at 3:30 in the morning and crying for thirty minutes saying he wanted to get out of the tent, the boys didn't do too bad. Surprisingly, Bryce slept better than any of us.
Here's Tyler waiting for the fire to start sporting his camo pants. Tyler likes the fire. I guess that comes from his dad.
Bryce, all bundled up after a chilly night. He was our "Happy Camper." He only fussed a little bit during the night when his pack n play got too cold for him. So he snuggled up with me in my sleeping bag and went right back to sleep.
Why buy toys when taking rocks in and out of a box is this entertaining to kids?
Our tent was pretty crammed with our huge air mattress and Bryce's pack n play. After setting everything up, Andy asked the rest of the family if they had any room for a 2 year old in their tent. Tyler ended up sleeping between Andy and me.
It was a fun night. But I think it'll be at least another year before we try it again. And we'll stay close to home again...just in case.

1 comment:

carin t said...

I'm sad we missed it!