Thursday, October 22, 2009

Whats up with the Boys

I thought I'd do a little update on my boys and what they're into/ doing right now. I figure this blog is as much for other people to read as it is my own record keeping.

Tyler is two and half now and learning more and more independence. I've found that this new found freedom can be a blessing and a curse. I would say we're "in training" still with the potty. He can use the potty when we ask him to but I don't think he's in any hurry to keep his pullups dry or tell us when he needs to go. He's learning to dress himself and change his own pull up though which is saving me a lot of time. Lately, he's been practicing his dressing skills when he's supposed to be napping. I found him this way in his room on Saturday after falling asleep on the floor. If you look closely his pants are on backwards and his diaper is some how twisted around and backwards as well. Yesterday I found him naked from the waist down. Tyler also loves lions and dragons and likes to crawl around the house on his hands and knees growling at all of us. He's very excited to wear his dragon costume for Halloween and growl at everyone.
Bryce is 4 months now and quickly teaching Andy and I that each child is different and the parenting techniques we used for one will not always apply to the next. Bryce has a persistent/ stubborn streak in him. He's gone on a no bottle strike lately which I'm determined to win. He refuses to suck on a pacifier too. I took him to his 4month appointment on Tuesday and described what nap time is like to the pediatrician with the swaying, rocking, bouncing, walking across the floor dance required to get him to sleep that for some reason I'm the only one thats perfected. Even after our dance routine he often only takes a cat nap of about 30 minutes. Some days he'll go 3-4 hours with only 10 or 15 minutes of rest. The pediatrician agreed that he's a "terrible napper." Unfortunately he told me to focus on night time sleep for now and at 6 months we can do some more drastic interventions for nap time. Bryce has also become somewhat of a mama's boy and would love to spend his entire day seran wrapped to my hip while I stand and sway slightly. Luckily he's started to become a little more self entertained. Although he's providing us with some challenges he's also a very happy boy and a very giggly 4 month old. He giggled through his exam at the Dr's office and often does during diaper changes too. His favorite entertainer is Tyler. If Tyler just stands in front of Bryce and talks to him Bryce will laugh the entire time. Tyler always brings a smile to his face. I'm excited to see what good buddies these boys will become in the coming years.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

the sorensons said...

love the pic!!! that is awsome!