A new couple moved into our neighborhood recently and he works for the Provo Fire Department. Tyler really likes Jordan and thinks its pretty cool that he's a real fireman. Jordan was nice enough today to give us a tour of the fire department while he was on shift and show us all of their cool trucks. I think Tyler was in awe of all of it but a little intimidated too. His favorite part was sitting in the drivers seat and pretending to drive the fire truck. He did get a little unsure when Jordan actually turned the truck on and it got kind of loud. But he was brave and still stayed in the driver's seat. He also got to sit in the ambulance. We told him you ride in an ambulance when you get hurt. When Tyler got to climb in the back of the ambulance he kept saying "I don't want to get hurt." I think Andy was in just as much awe as Tyler over all of the cool gadgets and tools the trucks are equipped with. It was pretty fascinating. Jordan tried on his special mask they wear when they're in smoke to breathe oxygen. Tyler thought this was a little scary at first too, but eventually he came up and touched the mask. The tour was probably the highlight of Tyler's month. He even got a cool fire hat to wear and take home. I noticed he played with his toy fire truck a lot after we got home too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Braxton loves visiting his dad there. Once we put him in the truck, he does not want to get back out. I love watching how excited the little boys get with the firetrucks... Looks like you guys had lots of fun!!
Post a Comment