Monday, July 19, 2010

My Bountiful Baskets Plug


A friend of mine in Spanish Fork first told me about Bountiful Baskets sometime last fall but for some reason I didn't look into it then. Then a few of my sister-in-laws started to try it in Idaho and here in Utah County recently so I knew I needed to look into it. I did my first pick up last Saturday and I think I'm hooked now. I got all of the produce shown above for $15! Its really good quality too. Its an all volunteer food co-op. You order your basket between Monday night and Tuesday night and pay for it online then find your closest pick up location and pick it up Saturday morning. Just bring a laundry basket to dump it all in. Everyweek its a different assortment of 50% fruits and 50% vegetables. This week I got : 1 bunch bananas, 2 pineapples, 9 peaches, 2 mangos, 7 limes, 1 bag of grapes, 17 plums, 5 lb bag of potatoes, 2 butternut squash, 12 oz. of cherry tomatoes, 1 head of romaine lettuce, 1 head of cauliflower and 1 package of white asparagus. They also run weekly specials like 24 lbs of peaches for $10 or large quantities of blueberries for a good price. Just go to bountifulbaskets.org to check it out. They have pickups across Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Texas, Arizona, Nevada, and Washington for all of my out of state friends!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Paula said...

I totally want to do this when I get home. Shelly and Tara both rave about it, too! I hope they're still in business when we come home.