Saturday, October 9, 2010

Harvest Time

 Bryce helping us pick tomatoes. We ended up with such a great garden this year. Tons of squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and green peppers. About 12 butternut squash and around 15 pumpkins. We decided to pick all the orange pumpkins today to put on the front porch. Too bad none of them are big enough to carve but I was pretty proud of myself for growing them all!

 Tyler was a great help in the garden this year. He was always careful to only pick red tomatoes and big green peppers. I read that gardening teaches kids patience. I hope so.
 A rare shot where both kids are looking and happy.
 As Andy says - Bryce has a little bit of 'tude (attitude). He says his feistiness (sp?) comes from me. He was upset with me here for not letting him play in the mud.
At least he gets over it fast.

Sharing is also still tough for Bryce, especially with his brother.

3 comments:

Nana said...

I think Bryce looks like Andy's baby pictures from what I can remember. I'm glad you like to garden, Julia. I've always enjoyed the little gardens we've had.

Loel said...

You're going to have to leave me tips on what you did in the garden so I can duplicate it when we get home.

Amber said...

I LOVED catching up and reading all your posts. Tyler and Bryce are getting so big. We need to get together soon! Your garden is amazing. I love butternut squash.