Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

 We are counting down the days til Santa comes at our house. On Sunday morning at breakfast Tyler told Andy "I've been waiting a long time for How to Train Your Dragon (the movie he asked Santa for)." A few weeks ago at breakfast Tyler and I had the following conversation that I just had to write down afterward to capture the extensive imagination Tyler has at this age. Here's Tyler's plan for giving Santa a present this year:
 
12/11/10

Tyler: I think Santa’s sad cause he’s never had a present. I’m going to give him a present. I think I’ll build him a rocket so he doesn’t have to use his sleigh or his reindeer anymore. I’m going to need a lot of wood and paint though.
 Julia: Don’t you think the reindeer will be sad if he doesn’t use his sleigh anymore?
 Tyler: He can just use the rocket sometimes. Well…maybe I’ll make him something smaller. I’ll build him a house! I’m going to need A LOT of wood, paint and glue. Like 5 woods, and 5 paints and 5 glues.
Julia: Don’t you think he already has a house at the North Pole?
 Tyler: Yeah, but he doesn’t like his house anymore cause he doesn’t have any doors. So I’m going to build him a new house. We’re going to need to take the windows and doors from our house.
Julia: Won’t we be cold?
 Tyler: Yeah, maybe we can take the windows and doors from the neighbors instead.  Or we could buy them from the window store for $5.
 Julia: Where are the reindeer going to sleep?
 Tyler: They can sleep in Santa’s bed. Or…maybe we could make A LOT of beds. Like 5 beds for the reindeer.
 Julia: How are we going to get the house to the North Pole?
 Tyler: We’ll have to use a lifter. Maybe Dad could use the lifter to get it there. Its going to be dark in the woods going to the North Pole though. We’re going to need a flashlight. We’re going to need A LOT of flashlights. Do you know where Dad got my flashlight?
 “Guess what dad? We’re going to make Santa a house. We’re going to lift it up with the lifter and bring it to the North Pole. I’m great at using the lifter. But I think I’m going to need a little help from you guys.


Bryce wasn't too sure about the man in the red suit. Even standing close to him was a little risky.
 Tuesday morning we awoke to about a foot of snow on the ground here in Provo. Andy had been praying for a good snow storm for awhile so he would have an excuse to use his step-dad's ATV snow plow on the driveway. He's like a kid with a new toy.

Tyler loves playing in the snow. He has his dad's skier blood in him I think. Bryce isn't too sure and although I bundle him up with boots and snow pants he won't walk in the snow and I have to shovel a path for him to get around. I meant to gently lob this snowball at his stomach. At least it missed his face. Sorry your mother has terrible aim Bryce.

3 comments:

carin t said...

The snowball in the head is too funny!

Shelly Moon said...

I love how everything Tyler says is 5. 5 reindeer beds, $5, etc. So funny. That conversation was adorable!!

Mia said...

What a priceless conversation you had with Tyler! You'll be glad you wrote this down - I'm glad I got to read it!