So I thought walking into my 39 week OB appointment today that I would prepare myself for the best and worst case scenario of my progress towards labor.
Best case: I've progressed from 2 cm to 4 cm and could go into real labor at anytime.
Worst case: I haven't made any progress and the doctors sticking to his 41 week induction plan.
Little did I know worse case could be worse still - I'd retracted from 2 cm to 1 cm!
I guess baby girl started getting cold feet and decided to head back inside for awhile longer. After 2 labor induced babies, I was really feeling like a natural labor failure today. All my long walks, carrying objects heavier than I should, and eating spicy foods had not paid off. However, my day got brighter when I persuaded the doctor that although this baby is measuring small, I do have a history of large babies when I go past my due date and could I please not wait until 41 weeks to schedule an induction. Five minutes later and he was back with an induction scheduled for Monday morning! Success!
Although part of me is still mourning my spontaneous, "stop everything I think I'm in labor" moment I've imagined having during the weeks leading up to my due date - there is something appealing about the planned induction. I can double check everything on my to do list, have the house cleaned, laundry done, and fridge stocked before heading to the hospital on Monday. My mother said she feels bad for me because inductions create harder labors - but like I told her - I don't know it any other way and that's what epidurals are for. So here's to another Ferguson baby eviction! Hope it all goes as smoothly as the last!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yep, I didn't even have my bags packed at all for baby #3, so you are totally ahead of the game now. Can't wait for Miriam. Tyler will love to hold her. Andy will be in love with his little angel! We are so excited for you and will be praying for you.
Post a Comment