As usual, I attempted a garden again this year with high hopes that it will go better than the year before. So far we're holding off the bugs and bunnies pretty well and have only lost 2 zucchini plants so far.
I always like to get the boys involved when I can because I think there's a lot that can be learned from gardening. I told Tyler and Bryce they could pick out seeds from the store that we could plant in cups and transplant to the garden when they got big enough. Tyler said corn was his favorite so thats what we planted. He's been taking very good care of his corn and its getting pretty high now. Maybe in another month we'll have some pickings.
As I was explaining everything we'd need to do to keep our garden healthy, I also told Tyler we might need to set a trap for the groundhog that lives under our shed so he doesn't eat the produce. Tyler likes the groundhog (he's named him Jackson) and strongly objected to finding Jackson a new home. After a lot of explaining to Tyler why this was necessary for us to have a good garden this year, he finally thew up his hands and said "Can't we just buy our food from the store?!"
Maybe when he gets to eat the corn he planted himself he'll appreciate the difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment