This kid wears me out. It's a daily battle over things as small as cut up pancakes or his hands feeling too sticky. Screaming for help because he can't reach the light switch in the bathroom and he needs to pee. He thought the trunk of the van would be a good place to catch stink bugs was his explanation after my frantic search of the house and yard. He likes to finger paint with toothpaste all over the bathroom mirror and regularly dumps out trash cans to flip over and use as stepping stools. His just-learning-to-walk 15 month old sister is his favorite bowling pin and its not 4:30 on a weekday without a battle with Tyler over which cartoon to watch. Dumping cups full of water out on the kitchen floor to make puddles to jump in always seems like a fun idea at the time and bath time is always better if the water splashes the walls and ceiling too. All in a days work for a 3 year old.
I keep telling myself this stage won't last forever. Some days I tell myself just to make it to bedtime and then I can rest.
I'm always a sucker for the bottom lip and "but I just want you to snuggle with me" line at bedtime (after he just screamed for the dinner he never ate and mooned his sleeping brother).
I have to remember that one day he won't ask me to snuggle with him anymore either. I guess I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love that you are blogging again! Love reading your posts!
Post a Comment