Thus far, I've been a little worried about where exactly we would be living in Samoa and hoping our house had walls, let alone screens (the traditional Samoan houses called fales don't have any walls, its just a big open hut). But luckily Andy came home from a training last week with these pictures of the two houses they have reserved for us and the other family thats going over with us. I was thrilled to see that they're nice houses. Probably a little nicer and more spacious than where we're living now. They're about 10-15 minutes from the city and 5 minutes from the temple. I had to comment though that throughout this process I've made a lot of jokes to my family that we're going to go live on the island that the t.v. show "LOST" takes place on (they say its close to Fiji). I imagined the terrain to be similar. But I couldn't help but notice that these houses to do look strangely familiar to the homes the "others" live in on the island. My dad asked if the company Andy's working for is called "The Darma Initiative." (If you're not a LOST fan, sorry for the digression)
5 comments:
Just FYI, LOST is filmed completely in Hawaii, just 20 minutes from Laie!
i useds to tell my self when i was complaining about housing that it could be worse, i could be living in a shack in samoa, then i see these pics of such great housing and i no longer feel bad for you guys...we are still homeless!! lol!
I think I see Ben peeking out from behind one of those curtains.
Wow, those houses do look really nice!!! Are you trying to tempt us all the visit???
I'm really excited for you. And, I hope you keep up on your blog. I'm so curious about what life will be like for you! Let me know when you're back in town so we can plan a going away party!
Post a Comment