Thursday, August 21, 2008

Kalala

This is a picture Andy took of Tyler and Kalala on Monday. I am so grateful for Kalala. I've talked about her in quite a few of my emails, but for those of you who don't get those - Kalala is our helper. She watches Tyler four days a week for about 2-3 hours and cleans my house and does my laundry. She is every mothers dream. She has made life so easy for me here in Samoa. And the best part of all is that Tyler loves her and she's so good with him. It makes me feel so good when I'm working upstairs and I hear Kalala reading books to Tyler or singing songs with him. As soon as she arrives Tyler tells her "down, down" and points to the floor near his toy bin so she'll get down on the floor and play with him. She's always telling him "Good boy, good boy." and giggles when he'll repeat a Samoan word she says. I just feel so lucky to have her during our time in Samoa.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute little bath "tub".

I'm glad you're getting some help. I'm glad you've found a good way to use and expand your skills in the workforce. That company is lucky to have you.

carin t said...

Lucky, lucky. You are lucky. So is "Tyla" - I'm sure its nice for him to have different entertainment throughout the week!