This past week we celebrated Thanksgiving and I don't really have any pictures of our dinner. It didn't exactly go as planned anyway. Andy worked on Thanksgiving and Tyler and went over to campus for Thanksgiving dinner with the boys. Tyler ended up getting a fever and I had to leave early. Kye also wasn't feeling well (surprise, surprise). By Saturday they had both broken out in sores all around their mouths, legs, arms, and bum. We took them into the doctors office together and the doctor thought they had generalized herpes and were highly contagious! We were suppose to have another Thanksgiving dinner that day with people from church. We spent Saturday busy making our Thanksgiving dishes to send with our husbands while we searched google images for pictures of kids with generalized herpes and tried to get second opinions from nurses and doctors we knew in the states. After lots of possible diagosises from Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease to Chicken Pox we took them back into the doctor on Tuesday. Their sores were starting to heal but had formed blisters that were opening and then scabbing over (Sorry for the gross details). The doctor then diagnosed them with a mild case of Impetigo. (Tyler's was more mild than Kye). Apparently this is very contagious among kids and is an infection in their skin. Although they looked pretty awful for a few days, they're starting to clear up now and are back to their usual selfs. One more adventure in Samoa right?
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Thanksgiving and Impetigo
This past week we celebrated Thanksgiving and I don't really have any pictures of our dinner. It didn't exactly go as planned anyway. Andy worked on Thanksgiving and Tyler and went over to campus for Thanksgiving dinner with the boys. Tyler ended up getting a fever and I had to leave early. Kye also wasn't feeling well (surprise, surprise). By Saturday they had both broken out in sores all around their mouths, legs, arms, and bum. We took them into the doctors office together and the doctor thought they had generalized herpes and were highly contagious! We were suppose to have another Thanksgiving dinner that day with people from church. We spent Saturday busy making our Thanksgiving dishes to send with our husbands while we searched google images for pictures of kids with generalized herpes and tried to get second opinions from nurses and doctors we knew in the states. After lots of possible diagosises from Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease to Chicken Pox we took them back into the doctor on Tuesday. Their sores were starting to heal but had formed blisters that were opening and then scabbing over (Sorry for the gross details). The doctor then diagnosed them with a mild case of Impetigo. (Tyler's was more mild than Kye). Apparently this is very contagious among kids and is an infection in their skin. Although they looked pretty awful for a few days, they're starting to clear up now and are back to their usual selfs. One more adventure in Samoa right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Julia, remember us? I found your blog in a very roundabout way, and when I saw the post on impetigo, I had to respond. I have had that so many times! My last really bad breakout is right after I had our baby in May. I feel bad for poor Tyler, mine has always been itchy, and somewhat painful depending on where it is. Good luck to you and we are so jealous you are in Samoa!
Post a Comment