Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Farm Country

Today was my birthday and I wanted to get out of the house and do something fun since Andy was suppose to be working all day. (He ended up getting the morning off) So I invited some family to go to Thanksgiving Point's Farm Country in the morning. Its a great place for kids and I appreciated that it was more contained and smaller than the zoo. Tyler seemed to show more enthusiasm for the farm animals than at the zoo but was still cautious about approaching them.
Here he is refusing to feed the goat. He liked watching Andy do it though.
Initially he told us he did want to ride one of the ponies. (It was one of those rides where they just walk slowly in a circle for a few minutes) But on approaching it, changed his mind. I love the look on his face here as he assess the pony ride situation and if its really something he wants to do.
He did like the ducks though and told me he wanted to go swim with them. He probably would have had I let him.
He also liked the wagon ride around the park.
He liked watching this Clydesdale horse too until it turned around and started to walk towards him and he saw just how big it was. Tyler slowly backed away from it then.

3 comments:

Karmann said...

Julia your family is so cute! I love that little boy of yours! You are looking so cute on the last stretch! It makes me miss you a lot when I see pictures of you! Hope you are doing well back in the states! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

You look great, Julia! Two boys will be so fun! When are you coming "home?!" We'd love to see you all.

Clayton and Amber said...

Julia! Happy Birthday! I was at Farm Country maybe an hour or so after you on Wednesday with my kids!! I am so sad I missed you! We need to get together...I'm afraid I've waited to long and now your no. 2 is almost here! Cute pictures.