My conversation with Tyler at breakfast yesterday:
Tyler: I want a dog, but not a little dog - a big dog like Brady is (My parents dog Brady is a Westie). I like Brady.
Me: I don't think we're going to get a dog anytime soon. We need to wait til we don't have anymore babies.
Tyler: But Bryce isn't a baby anymore he's big.
Me: But what if we had another brother or sister like Bryce. (No this isn't an announcement). Would you rather have another brother/ sister or a dog?
Tyler: a dog.
Me: Well we're still not going to get a dog right now.
Tyler: If we give Bryce back to the hospital can we get a dog? (Ouch, that was a fast sell out).
Why I need to remember to minimize talking during discplining -
Me: Okay, time out is over. Look at me - you don't ever draw draw on your bed with a pen ok?
Tyler: huh? uh huh.
Me: Tyler? Do you understand?
Tyler: uh uh
Me: Say: "I understand. I'm ready to go to the park now."
Tyler: I understand that I'm ready to go to the park now.
In Banana Republic with Andy on Saturday:
Tyler: Come on Dad. Lets just steal them all.
Tyler's favorite way to start a sentence "What might happen if . . . ?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Loved all the comments but especially his comment to Andy in Banana Republic. I needed a good laugh.
Such cute comments. It was great to see y'all the other night.
Post a Comment