Tonight Andy had scouts so I was putting the boys to bed by myself. Bryce was all ready for bed and Tyler was working on getting his pajamas on. I'd just gone to the bathroom and was washing my hands when I heard a thud and a loud wail from Bryce - an obvious hurt cry. Tyler had been giving Bryce cheap shots all night and had already been in time out twice for kicking so I had an idea of what happened. I walked into the hallway to see Bryce bawling and just standing up from laying on the ground.
I asked Tyler "What happened?" (my first mistake). Tyler very innocently says "I think Bryce just tripped over his toy drum and fell down." I said "Considering his toy drum is in the toy closet right now I don't think thats what happened. I wish you would just tell me the truth Tyler."
While standing in the doorway to his room completely naked Tyler says this to me" I can't Mom. I'm too young. I don't understand what the truth is. I've lost my understanding."
Obviously someone has been listening to Andy and I's recent conversations on whether or not Tyler is old enough to understand the difference between lying and telling the truth. I'm thinking he does and I think he's mastering the art of manipulation too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha! Oh man is this what I have to look forward too?!
Post a Comment