Thursday, September 8, 2011

Labor Day Camping

 I really wanted to go camping since the weather has cooled and we haven't been yet this summer. I knew all the campsites were probably booked for Labor Day weekend though. So we decided since our yard is big enough and private enough we'd just camp in the backyard!
 We also bought a cheap fire pit at Wal-mart and invited some friends and my parents over for a bonfire. It was a pretty fun night. We did foil dinners on the charcoal grill and s'mores in the fire. I even tried a new campfire treat - bananas with chocolate pieces wrapped in tin foil and heated up in the fire.
The boys were really excited about playing and sleeping in the tent. When it finally came down to sleeping in the tent though, Bryce threw a big fit and decided he was done with camping. Bryce and I slept inside while Andy and Tyler stayed out in the tent. Good thing we weren't far away at some campsite!

No comments: