Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

 We went out to Middletown yesterday afternoon to get the boys pumpkins. I think they were anticipating that they'd be able to carry the pumpkins themselves. Bryce tried really hard. I think he was most impressed with the tractor that pulled us on a hayride out to the pumpkin patch.
 I was once heard a mom tell her kids at the pumpkin patch that they weren't allowed to get a pumpkin bigger than they could carry. I don't think we can enforce that rule yet and have pumpkins big enough to carve.
 It was a really pretty spot on a nice cool fall day. Andy listened to the BYU cougars killing Idaho State on his iphone during the drive out and back. Raking leaves, BYU football, and pumpkins - a good day.

1 comment:

Shelly Moon said...

Your pumpkin patch looked so fun!! Getting pumpkins this year was a little different for us... we went to the grocery store to pick them out!! I know, not as great as a pumpkin patch!! Oh well, the kids all got to choose one, and we're going to carve them soon. Jane got hit by her pumpkin though as she was grabbing it, and it made a wound on her face! poor girl.