A few weeks ago I went out to Smithsburg, MD with my parents to go apple picking with the boys. The weather was great while we were picking apples and it was in this gorgeous spot out in the country. I only wish Andy could have been with us, but I'd definitely like to do it again next year.
The Jonagold trees were smaller and easier for the boys to pick apples from. Tyler asked me if it was a good apple before each one he picked.
Bryce on the other hand refused to pick any of the apples I pointed out to him and insisted on finding his own instead. He even wanted to pick up the rotten ones off the ground to put in our bag. That's my independent 2 year old!
We filled this whole bag with a combination of Golden Delicious, Jonagolds and Jonathon apples and it only cost $8 for the whole bag!
Guess we'll be eating a lot of applesauce, apple crisp and apple pie in the next few weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That apple picking looked so fun! I have never been apple picking, and now I want to. I can't believe you got that whole bag for $8!! I just bought a box at Allred's today for $18! Cute fall pics!
Post a Comment