Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Family Campout

A few weekends ago Andy, the boys, and I went camping up Diamond Fork Canyon. We borrowed this huge 8 man tent from a family in our neighborhood and loved how roomy it was. We went out and bought our own last week!
Tyler was so excited about camping all week that he insisted on sleeping in his little IKEA tent every night.
Tyler and Bryce had a lot of fun. I'm so glad boys are so amused by rocks, sticks, and dirt.
Tyler helped Andy find sticks for the fire.
The boys even helped set up the tent (sort of).
The tent can be divided into "rooms" its so big. We left the fly cover off and fell asleep watching the stars.
Bryce slept great once he was actually asleep. He did scream for about 20 minutes before going to sleep to let the whole campsite know he was not happy about going to bed before everyone else. Tyler slept restlessly but better than last years campout.
I was pretty proud of myself for making a hot meal for dinner and breakfast all by myself. Thanks to my father in laws camp stove.
We only stayed one night but went for a little "hike" on the trail at the campsite before heading home. I think Diamond Fork canyon is so pretty and peaceful. But I did get a little freaked out on our hike when I learned that its named Diamond Fork after the Diamond Rattlesnake thats found frequently in the canyon! It was great to spend some time as a family and we hope to do it more!

3 comments:

Paula said...

that sounded so fun!! I can just imagine the boys in the tent, by the fire, etc. what great memories.

Franklin Times said...

Fun times! Your little family is just adorable.

Wilde Family said...

Wow, that is one nice tent! We're thinking we're going to have to go big next time. We barely squished into our supposed 4 man tent. If only we were closer we could go camping together!